Stress is an unavoidable part of life, but there are healthy ways we can manage it and improve our overall sense of well-being. Here are a few proven ways you can try:
1. Eliminate: Consider whether a source of stress is something you can eliminate from your life. If not, ask yourself if there is another more helpful way to look at the situation. The way we view and think about something can greatly affect our mood and attitude towards it.
2. Connect: Reach out to your circle of friends and cultivate a network of support.
3. Nourish: The food we consume have vast effects on our overall health and mood. Try to decrease the amount of sugar you consume and include a rainbow of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avoid alcohol and caffeine particularly in the early evening before bedtime.
4. Move: Physical activity and exercise can help you be and feel healthier. Aim for something achievable like 15 minutes of yoga or walking.
5. Do: Make time for hobbies and things you enjoy.
6. Reflect: Take a walk outside or sit somewhere you can appreciate nature.
7. Write: Keep a gratitude journal to help you stay focused on what you do have and what is going right in your life.
8. Sleep: Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday and get enough sleep. Most adults need optimally 7 to 9 hours of sleep a day.
Acupuncture too can be very helpful in alleviating stress and feelings of anxiety, bringing the body and mind back into balance. Try one or all of these and see how much better you feel.